The Gulf Coast HIMSS Chapters 2014 Conference took place December 4-5 here in New Orleans. Health IT professionals and thought leaders from the three Gulf Coast states (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama) flocked to the Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel and packed a lot into those two days.
Dynamic Health IT was proud to be a conference sponsor – and it certainly didn’t hurt that it all took place just down Canal Street from our offices.
During the conference, DHIT President Jeff Robbins sat down to record a podcast episode with Intrepid Healthcare. You can listen to the episode here. Jeff spoke with hosts Joe Lavelle and Todd Scnick about a range of topics:
- Jeff’s 30-year experience in healthcare IT and Dynamic Health IT’s origins in HL7 interface support and Cloverleaf integration
- How DHIT found HL7 Connect by Kestral, its ease of use and DHIT’s emergence as the software’s exclusive North American provider
- Branching out into Meaningful Use (MU) certification and software development by helping vendors become certified under MU Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Working with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Pulling off aggressive implementation timelines, including deploying DHIT’s patient portal in less than a week
- Outlook for the future of health IT and interoperability, including the promise of the Fast Health Integration Resources (FHIR) project
- Developing a flexible, streamlined patient portal and working toward the ideal of a globally-accessible record