Eligible Medicare EPs include:
- Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Doctors of Dental Surgery or Dental Medicine
- Doctors of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctors of Optometry
Eligible Medicaid EPs include:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse - Midwife
- Physicians Assistants who practice in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Center (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
Medicaid EPs also must have a minimum of 30% Medicaid patient volume (20% minimum for pediatricians) or practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have at least 30% patient volume to needy individuals.
Hospital based providers, defined as a provider who provides 90% or more of their services in either the inpatient or emergency department of a hospital, are not eligible for the Medicaid or Medicare programs.